Monday, February 13, 2017

Looking For Some Good Volunteer Opportunities?

Please read this email that Dr. Booher received:

Dear Principal Booher,

I am the Volunteer Coordinator for F.I.S.H. Ministries here in Walton County, and I'm in charge of getting & keeping volunteers for our ministry.  

I would like to see if we can work with Social Circle schools to have some of your high school seniors who would go out to work at jobs during the school day come volunteer at our facilities. (I apologize, there's probably a name for this program, but I don't know it).  We are always in need of young strong persons, because much of what we do is physical labor.   

Students could also pick up quite a few job skills, including merchandising (from our Thrift stores), food management (from our Pantry), and even counseling(from our Ministry office).

If you wouldn't mind, could you please refer me to the correct person or office to follow up on this?   And if you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Thank you,

Karen Hammond

Volunteer Coordinator

(office) 678-635-8943

(cell) 678-333-39143