Thursday, March 9, 2017

Junior Meetings

Attention juniors and the parents of juniors:

You are owed an hour of Mr. Kulp's professional time to come in and get some great counsel on mapping out the next two years of life (and maybe beyond).  In this meeting, we will answer life's mysteries, like "what is left for me to take in order to graduate in May 2018?" Or, "what is my HOPE GPA and how doe I apply to get HOPE $?"  How about the always popular, "what tests do I need to knock out to do what I want to do and how do I register to take them?"  And there is the perennial favorite, "what do I need to know about applying to college/tech school or enlisting in the Armed Services?"  Wow!  You won't believe all that we [you, Mr. Kulp, and your parent(s)] will cover in this meeting.

To date, 27 of your peers have had this meeting, which means that there are 123 of you who have not scheduled this yet!  We need to knock this out ASAP so that your student goes into the summer knowing all that has to be done to be ready to transition to life beyond high school.  I need all of you to stop what you are doing and send Mr. Kulp an email to request a meeting- mike.kulp@socialcircleschools.org.  I look forward to days filled with these small intimate meetings with the awesome SCHS juniors!